Monday, December 06, 2010

December 6: Make

I'm participating in #reverb10, a month-long challenge to blog every day of December based on prompts provided here.

Prompt: Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?

This is a hard question for me, because I don't really make anything. I make sentences I guess. I make my bed sometimes. I make muffins out of old and brownish bananas. And lately I've been making Crock Pot creations such as chicken and wild rice soup, pulled pork and chicken tacos.

So yeah, I don't really know how to respond to this prompt because I'm not a maker. There are things I have thought about learning to make, such as my own clothes or my own website. But these things would require a lot of time and would take away from other talent or hobbies I enjoy more.

There is one thing I am good at making however, and that is money. Well really, I am good at saving money. I got on this couponing kick when I was half-employed and now I can't pay full price for anything. I paid $2.49 for 24 photo Christmas cards including shipping. I paid $15 for a $70 pair of eyeglasses. Once I get some rebate checks in the mail, I will have made $5 on a bottle of organic shampoo and $10 on some body wash.

I am boring myself now. I look forward to tomorrow's prompt.

No comments: