Wednesday, December 29, 2010

December 29: Defining Moment

I'm participating in #reverb10, a month-long challenge to blog every day of December based on prompts provided here.

Prompt: Describe a defining moment or series of events that has affected your life this year. (Author: Kathryn Fitzmaurice)

In my last post, I talked about my strive to achieve things. What was the most frustrating about being unemployed for seven months was 1. I wasn’t achieving what I wanted to professionally and 2. I was so focused on achieving #1 that I couldn't concentrate on achieving anything else. So I guess the job offer turned the tables and defined the rest of 2010 for me.

The idea of defining my whole year by that one thing leaves a really bad taste in mouth. It feels long ago and the excitement has faded. I am disappointed that I have nothing better to show for myself since then. Maybe I do, but nothing as huge. Boo and hiss. This prompt is making me feel like a failure, and I don't even know why.

No comments: