Monday, December 13, 2010

December 13: Action

photo by Beatriz AG.

I'm participating in #reverb10, a month-long challenge to blog every day of December based on prompts provided here.

Prompt: Action. When it comes to aspirations, its not about ideas. It's about making ideas happen. What's your next step? (Author: Scott Belsky)

I took a basic photography class my last year of college. My school let me borrow really fancy cameras and lenses for the weekend, and I would go around and shoot a bunch of stuff for my assignments. I finished the class with a pretty nice portfolio.

Then I got my very own fancy camera for graduation. Although I go through spurts of shooting a lot of pictures, I don’t as often as I should. It’s not that I don’t want to. It’s that the camera is bulky and awkward and doesn’t allow me to take up-close-and-personal photos of people and things.

I aspire to take more pictures, but I need a new lens. It would solve a lot of my problems. I have put off buying one for forever. So I am making it happen soon. I’ve been doing some research. I’ve narrowed it down. Now all I need to do is make the purchase.

And then I need to take some pictures.

No comments: