Sunday, December 12, 2010

December 12: Body Integration (?)

I'm participating in #reverb10, a month-long challenge to blog every day of December based on prompts provided here.

Prompt: Body integration. This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn't mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present?

If I were presently under the throes of marathon training, this would be easy. During those four months, my legs are moving so much that I can feel every single muscle even when I'm just sitting down. But I haven't been running much lately, so that's out.

But I did go to a few hot yoga classes. I don't know if my face dripping so much sweat that my glasses fell off my face is a "a cohesive YOU, alive and present" moment. But it was a moment when my mind was pretty aware of what I was making my body do. If I go into further detail about my yoga matt became a slip and slide, you'd get grossed out. I'm grossed out. So let's just end this now.

No comments: