Sunday, December 05, 2010

December 4: Wonder

Photo by bbaltimore.

I'm participating in #reverb10, a month-long challenge to blog every day of December based on prompts provided here.

Prompt: Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?

I begin my response to this question with a snippet of a gchat conversation with a friend:

Kevin: dude
I love snow
every year
moi: me too
Kevin: I love living in the midwest even more
I don't know why
it's a dump here
but whatever
moi: the changing of the seasons is nice
Kevin: word
moi: something new every few months
Kevin: even the super crazy cold part of winter
I don't really mind
moi: something to look forward to

The seasons cultivate a sense of wonder in me. They never fail to do so. Yesterday I woke up and literally screamed "IT'S SNOWING!!" as if I had never seen snow before in my life. It snows every single year. But it's no matter. I love the sense of wonderment that comes with a new season, even if I've been expecting it.

Our day-to-day to lives will be the same, but the cycle of snow, rain, blossoms, green, warm colors of leaves, dead leaves and then all over again makes every single day a little bit different.

No comments: