Wednesday, February 14, 2007

today is a holiday

I don't really care about valentine's day. Don't get me wrong, it's great to have a bf who will buy you a delicious dinner on this special day. But I think we all know that free delicious dinners are available year-round, and he doesn't have to be your boyfriend to buy. I'm not super anti-VD, I just don't think about it much. That is why it's nice when other people think about it, and then surprise me. For example, I received some scrumptious cracker cuts last year, as well as an Elvis impersonator with a dozen roses, and a free ticket to a concert. They were just gifts from my friends and from my grandpa, but I felt special.

So I wasn't thinking so much about it again this year. Well that is a little bit of a lie, because I was thinking about the horrible article I read in Direct Soir last night. Their "saint-valentin" story reminded me of something I would read in RedEye. Puke. Well Direct Soir is pratically RedEye, but I don't like to think that such low caliber material exists outside of RedEye.

Anyway, where I am going with this is that I was pleasantly surprised tonight because I got a little package from the fam. My next sentence was going to be a deep though about what this holiday really means, but I don't feel like getting into that mode right now. So I'll just end here.

No comments: